Saturday, November 27, 2010

Week 14: Clear


Some of the information I read this week was way out of my realm of knowledge. I do remember, however, most of the stuff about RAID storage because of a previous lesson in this class. I did find DaaS pretty interesting however. Above is a slide from a powerpoint online I found that sort of breaks down more information about this topic.

According to the lectures, DaaS stands for "Desktop as a Service." It's described as desktops in the clouds and is a pay-as-you-go service. It's described as provision using policies and it changes from capital expenditures to operating expenditures.

Below is a link to a great article from Entrepenuer.com about DaaS being the new gold mine. It may be the best option for start-up-types and and for those just starting a business. I really enjoyed this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment