Saturday, November 6, 2010

Access Database Project

I'd say after watching the video lectures online, it was not too bad doing this project. I guess I was a little nervous after the readings online said this project would be harder than the excel project. I learned actually a lot from the project- I really like the Report Wizard part the most. It is nice, thinking about it, after you make the forms and queries, putting it into one report and being done with it. The steps I found challenging, but I worked through them easily. I'm glad I got to download this program and do this project- it may be very certain I will use this during an internship or a job.

One item of functionality is importing one file at a time, or many files. For instance, if we wanted to just import one file on one certain person, we could do that- we would not have to import the entire file list containing all 1000 people. This would be good for use in a doctors or dentists office- for they have tons of patients and it would be time consuming if they had to import all of their patients name at one time, or just selecting one to import. Perhaps this would be useful when making the schedule for appointment or the list of patients for the next day.

I really enjoyed this project-I can't believe it is the second to the last project left for this semester. Can't wait to see what the Secure E-mail project is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment