Thursday, September 23, 2010

Week 5: Clear



When I first started using Excel, I must admit, I did not like it all. It was confusing, but perhaps it was the many feautres that it provided for one to use. This summer, I had an internship where I had to use Excel for many documents- and I think I learned to love it! It's weird how a computer program can be intimidating, even to a college student.

One feautre that I really like on Excel is the "Auto Sum" option. This was one option that I used a lot for my summer internship because I was keeping track of monetary donations from different donors. It was easy because month to month, from donation to donation, I could keep up with how much that specific person was giving. In cell "A1" I had a donation for June, "B1" for July, and so on. After I had them all logged, I went to the "Formulas" tab on the top navigation bar in Excel, and clicked "Auto Sum". Then, there before my very ideas it just added it all up for me. Below, I tried to find a good picture of it so viewers could see what I am teaching them, instead of me just typing it out in theory:


Of course, some of us learn a little better by watching a video, so below I have linked a YouTube video on how to auto sum numbers. After my internship boss showed me how to work the option, I acutally watched this very video and it helped explain it a little more clearly to me. So, I hope it helps you, also!

YouTube Auto Sum instructional video: Click Here!

ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment