Monday, September 27, 2010

Excel Project




This project defintely tested all of my nerves and my patients. I am glad it is finally done though! Excel has always been a little bit of a pain to me, but I must admit, I did learn a lot! And the most I learned was about the formulas. I see how easy they can be to use. Sometimes when you hear "formulas in Excel", people can get freightened. But, after this project I see them in a nicer light.  As long as you give yourself time, and you grasp the basic concept of the formula set up, you should be fine.

I also learned a lot about Pivot Tables. They can really come in handy when you want to analyze data. The pivot tables in this project were defintely easy to do with the instructions provided. It made looking at the given data easier to understand, and these are real time questions that our bosses may ask, and now we have the tools to do it for them. I really felt like I learned something when it came to the Pivot Tables. It can look at anaylzing data in a whole different way.

Between the scavenger hunt and the Excel project, I felt like I learned how to do a lot in Excel. From centering text in cells or modifying the text within them, to using formulas to maniuplate data, and finally using the pivot tables. I know at my summer internship I used a lot of Excel, but never to these dimensions as far as formulas and pivot tables. It seems to me, though, that there are more features even beyond these learned here that are offered on Excel. I think this was a good introductory lesson on Excel.



No comments:

Post a Comment